Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mya Grace!

Hey Ya'll! It has been forever since I have blogged. Life has been crazy and we don't have internet at our house. We used to be able to tap into the neighbors:) but they moved. Sad. This post is going to have a lot of pictures:) Most of you probably already know that I had a baby girl this past Jan. I guess I will start from the beginning.

Chad and I decided to start a family and we didn't think that we would get pregnant the first month, but it only took two months:) I was not working so I was home and I took a test while chad was at work and it was positive and I didn't believe it! So...I drove to the store and bought three more tests. haha. I called Chad at work bawling my eyes out telling him he was going to be a daddy:) We knew for about a week before we told everyone. When we told Chad's family, we called Chad's sister who lives in Colorado and told them first and we were going to have Chad's little neice call Chad's parents house and tell everyone that I was pregnant. Nobody got it and had no idea what they were talking about until I started crying haha. When we told my family, I emailed Chaz and tell him to send an email to have everyone read together, so we went over to my parents and I made Trey read the letter cause he was half asleep. It was fun:) Anyways, the week of my birthday is when the morning sickness started and like a week later i got a new job. It was lovely. We went to my first OB appt and found out my due date was January 28th. We got to see the little bean swimming around inside of me and see the heartbeat. It was the neatest experience ever:) About everyday for the first 18 weeks I threw up every morning, took a zofran and went to work. Oh and the smell of salmon made we sick too. It wasn't as bad as most people, but throwing up when you have nothing in your stomach is not my idea of fun. Sorry if TMI. We found out we were having a girl at about 16 weeks and 4 weeks later we got a 3D ultrasound. (I don't have a scanner so I don't have pictures of any of my ultrasounds) I will just skip to the birth story cause I am sure you don't want to hear about me complaining about how uncomfortable I was, but I actually miss being pregnant. I have an excuse to be fat and feeling my little munchkin inside of me.



I went to the Dr. the Friday before my due date and I was already dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced and Dr said that if I had progressed by the next appt we could schedule an induction date. So I tried everything to either start labor but it didn't work. I went to the dr and she checked me and I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced yay! We scheduled an induction for Tuesday Jan. 24th, 4 days before my due date. We woke up at 4 in the morning to get ready. We got to the hospital at 5:30 and checked in and got in our room. At 7 they gave me an IV, which made me super nauseous so I threw up in front of everyone:) and they gave me an oxygen mask. I had to go through 2 bags of fluid before they would start me on my pitocin. I finally got my pitocin about 9, so I was waiting for the contractions to start soon. I started feeling some contractions, but they were not bad at all, just felt like a little cramping. I kinda played diva and told them I was getting really uncomfortable and that i wanted my epidural. I didn't want to feel anything so I told them I was in more pain than I was:) Shortly after I got my epidural my dr. came in and broke my water. I was in heaven! I didn't feel anything. A couple of hours later, the epidural started to wear off on just one side. So I was feeling everything on one side and not the other. It was uncomfortable. The dude that gave me the epidural came back in and gave me another dose and it started to work again. By about 1 or 2, I was dilated to a 6 and 90% effaced. and then about 4 or 4:15 the nurse checked me and she didn't say anything and Chad asked her what was wrong, and she said that I was fully dilated and thinned out and they were going to get me ready. Yay! I got all ready and they had me do a couple of trial pushes. They made me stop after a couple pushes cause she was coming out and my dr was not there yet. We had to wait about 15 minutes. it seemed like forever! Dr. Johannson showed up, got all scrubbed up, and told me to push...she counted to 5 and told me to stop and baby Jorgensen was born!

Introducing Mya Grace Jorgensen
6pounds7ounces 19.5 inches long
Born at 4:38 p.m Jan. 24th 2012.



Dont look at how gross I look.




Anyways! I will try to post more often..It has almost been a year!


No comments:

Post a Comment